Help us understand mindfulness/meditation
Help researchers at the University of Melbourne to better understand the potential effects of mindfulness meditation on health and happiness.
We are looking for participants, between 18-75 years of age, who plan to start or already have an active mindfulness meditation practice.
What you will do:
- Start or continue to practice mindfulness meditation (any practice inspired by or consistent with the general principles of paying attention to your experience, on purpose, in the present moment, with acceptance/non-judgment/discernment)
- Complete 3-9 surveys totaling 25 minutes over 8 weeks (avg = 3min/week)
- As you begin the study, you will be entered into a drawing for 1 of 10 electronic giftcards* with value equivalent to AU$100.
- If you complete surveys through the first month (regardless of whether you continue to practice), you will be entered into another draw for 1 of 10 electronic giftcards* with value equivalent to AU$100.
- If you complete surveys through the second month (regardless of whether you continue to practice), you will be entered into a final draw for 1 of 10 electronic giftcards* with value equivalent to AU$200.
Additionally, you have the option to complete a personality measure (~ 2 minutes) at the beginning and at the end of the study. If you opt to do so, you will be entered into an additional draw for 1 of 10 electronic giftcards with value equivalent to AU$50 at each time.
*e.g., giftcards can be selected among GiftPay/Amazon/eBay/iTunes
To participate, follow this link: https://melbourneuni2.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dnfZ2fW2KEijfYp
Responsible Researcher: Dr. Nicholas Van Dam, Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences, University of Melbourne (Tel: 8344 3644 E: email@example.com)
Approved by the University of Melbourne Ethics Committee, HREC# 2056439