Industry Experience Panel
Ever wondered what a career outside academia might be like? This panel event will showcase several alternative avenues for a career in psychology research in industry. This specially handpicked panel of experts will share their experiences transitioning from being an academic to an industry professional, along with the current landscape and realities of industry research.
A key highlight of this event includes a 30-minute Q&A session, so don’t be shy and be sure to come along with questions for our expert panellists to answer. Alternatively, you may submit your questions upon registration and our moderator will pose your questions to the panel during the event.
- Dr Cassandra Hayward, Convenor of the Master of Applied Psychology, University of Melbourne(moderator)
- Dr Sean Murphy, Chief Data Scientist, Voconiq
- Dr Helen Dixon, Principal Research Fellow, Obesity Prevention, Cancer Council Victoria
- Dr Caitlin McCurrie, Senior UX Researcher at Atlassian
- Dr. Lydia Hayward, Associate Advisor at The Behavioural Insights Team
This panel discussion is open to MSPS students (undergraduate, honours and PhD) and postdocs. Registration is essential. Zoom link will be made available upon registration.