Volunteer opportunity to engage in community health education in Melbourne’s suburbs!
CHASE (Community Health Advancement and Student Engagement) is seeking mentors that are passionate, enthusiastic and committed to creating social change through health education in secondary schools located in Melbourne suburbs. CHASE mentors have the unique opportunity to deliver six education workshops that have a strong focus on the social determinants of health. In the action phase of the program, mentors will guide students in developing a project that aims to improve health in their community. 2017 promises to be an exciting year for all involved and we would love for you to be apart of it!
CHASE's passion is to see young people empowered with their own health, and then engaging in their local communities to improve health awareness and outcomes through a unique understanding of health in a broader community context.
This amazing mentor role will involve:
- Delivering interactive health education sessions to secondary school students in Melbourne’s suburbs during their school hours
- Inspiring and guiding students to develop their own projects related to improving health outcomes within their local community
- Acting as role models and mentors for these students
For further information about volunteering with CHASE, please refer our Volunteer Information Package (PDF), which includes information about estimated time commitment as well as further information about role descriptions for 2017.
To apply to be a CHASE mentor, please follow the two simple steps below:
- Complete our Online Application Form by clicking HERE.
- Email your current CV to email@example.com with subject ‘2017 Mentor application’
Applications will strictly close at 11:59pm on Sunday 5th February, so don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to be involved!
We look forward to hearing from you!