Clinical Careers – Pathways Beyond the Scope
When you think about a clinical career in psychology, what does it look like? What options are available in the clinical sphere, beyond the hospital or psychology practice, and what might it take to get there?
This event is an opportunity to ask questions and hear insights from a fantastic group of professionals with wide-ranging career pathways, including various areas of Neuropsychology, Clinical Psychology, Clinical Research and a mix of academia and industry. It includes a 30-minute Q&A session, so don’t be shy and be sure to come along with questions for our expert panellists to answer. Alternatively, you may submit your questions upon registration and our moderator will pose your questions to the panel during the event.
- Dr Michelle Jongenelis, Director of Centre Operations, Senior Research Fellow, Melbourne Centre for Behaviour Change (Panel Speaker and Moderator).
- Dr Nicholas Ryan, Clinical Neuropsychologist, Murdoch Children’s Research Institute.
- Dr Nienke Zomerdijk, Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Psycho-Oncology, Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences, Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre.
- Dr David Spektor, Principal Clinical Psychologist, PsychologyCare, Private Practice
- Dr Ben Deery, Lecturer, Melbourne Graduate School of Education.
This panel discussion is open to MSPS students (undergraduate, honours and PhD) and postdocs. Registration is essential. Zoom link will be made available upon registration.