The Melbourne Centre for Behaviour Change are a team of internationally recognised researchers and clinicians, who investigate the individual, social, organisational and environmental factors that affect behavioural patterns. We use this knowledge to assist individuals in managing their own health, and work with professionals and organisations to co-design and evaluate health-enhancing policies and practices.
We welcome community and industry participation and offer consultancy services to organisations in both the profit and not-for profit sectors. Our consultancy model is designed to build partnerships and capacity, and we seek to enable our partners to leverage our expertise in behaviour change. Whether you are interested in sponsoring a research project or forging a long-term strategic alliance, we will help you launch a successful and rewarding collaboration with researchers who are leaders in their fields.
Our services include (but are not limited to):
- Designing projects or programs focusing on behaviour change
- Developing, refining, implementing and evaluating behaviour change interventions
- Translating available evidence into service improvement
- Training staff to deliver interventions
- Developing implications for health policy
For example, we:
- Assist practitioners and associated health professionals in their efforts to help their clients with behaviour change problems
- Assist organisations with an interest in improving professional behaviour on ways to optimise professional practice
- Advise organisations, including governments, on environmental changes (i.e., “nudges”) that can lead to more adaptive behaviour