Administrative Procedures

Absence/Withdrawing from your Course

You can change your subjects, apply for Leave of Absence or to withdraw from your course using the student portal. (link)

University-wide student class registration closes at the 2nd week of the semester. If you have an unresolvable timetable clash please submit a support request to the University Class Registration Enquiry Management (CREM)

CREM (link)

Changing subject enrolment

During the first two weeks of the semester, you are able to change your subjects without any penalty. From the beginning of week three up until the reporting deadline or Census Date, you can no longer add new subjects but you may still withdraw from subjects without any penalty. The Census Date for each subject can be found in the relevant subject handbook entry. After the Census Date has passed it may still be possible to withdraw from your subjects but in doing so you will be liable for the tutition fees for the dropped subject(s). From week 10 you are no longer able to withdraw from a subject. At this point the University will consider you as being committed to completing the assessment tasks for all of your remaining subjects.

Withdrawing from your Course

Students wishing to withdraw from their course may do so by making an application through the student portal. Before you apply to withdraw from your course, you are recommended to visit Stop 1 to discuss your options to ensure that withdrawing from your course is the best option for you.

Stop 1 (link)

Leave of Absence

As a student you may request a Leave of Absence (LOA) for up to 12 months. This will mean that your course is put on hold for you to complete after you've returned from your leave. However, you are not permitted to take this leave during the first six months of your course, nor the final month of your course. For more information on eligability or the application process refer to the following website:

Apply for leave of absence (link)

Tutorial/Laboratory Allocations

You will be automatically allocated to your tutorials, and some lecture streams where relevant. It is possible to change your tutorial times during the first two weeks of semester via the student portal. (link)

University-wide student class registration closes at the 2nd week of the semester. If you have an unresolvable timetable clash, please contact

Work Commitments

Be advised that a clash with work commitments is not regarded as a valid reason for changing your allocated tutorial time. While the importance of work is recognised, such commitments will not be treated as grounds for special consideration. It is your responsibility to manage your work commitments so that they do not interfere with your studies and to ensure that your timetable is workable so that you are able to meet the attendance requirements of your subjects.

Temporary Laboratory Changes

If you are unable to attend your normal laboratory class you may request a temporary transfer. This allows you to attend a different class in the same week for that week only.

  • You must take the form to the class you intend to transfer to.
  • You will normally be required to provide documentation explaining your reason for wanting to transfer (eg. a medical certificate).
  • It is the lecturer/tutor's responsibility to ensure the number in the class is at (and not above) the official limit.
  • If there is room in the class above the permanent number, you may then be allowed to attend the desired class.
  • You must then take the signed transfer form to your permanent class and give it to the lecturer or tutor.

The temporary laboratory change form can be downloaded from the Student Forms page

Student Forms (link)

Graduate Diploma Student Computer Lab

Students enrolled in the Graduate Diploma of Psychology have access to the Graduate Diploma Computer Lab -  Room 1009 - 1010 - located on the 10th floor, Redmond Barry building. A valid Student ID card is required to access this space. Access to this space is automatic and does not need to be requested. If you are unable to access the room, please ensure your card is not expired and you are currently enrolled before contacting

Student Forms (link)

After-hours building access

There is no after-hours building access to the Redmond Barry building for Graduate Diploma students.