Welcome to the website of The University of Melbourne's Mental Health PhD program.
This program is a joint initiative of The Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences; The Centre for Mental Health, Melbourne School of Population and Global Health; and The Department of Psychiatry, Melbourne Medical School.
Here you can find information about our upcoming events, links to relevant colloquia throughout The University related to topics in mental health, and links to the Mental Health Hub for graduates as well as supervisors.
For more background information about the three host units, the aim of the program and how to become a participant please visit The University of Melbourne's PhD programs information page.
We hope you will enjoy our program, website and online community and hope to see you during many of our events.
- Wednesday August 22
Special Seminar Prof. Rochelle Tractenberg
- Wednesday August 22
Special Workshop Biostatistics by Prof. Rochelle Tractenberg
- Monday September 3
Great Minds Lecture Prof. Jane Gunn (with drinks to follow)
- Monday October 8
Great Minds Lecture Prof. Stuart Kinner (with drinks to follow)
- Tuesday October 17
Mental Health Dialogues Session with Prof. Nick Haslam, Prof. Jane Pirkis, Prof. Bernhard Baune and Prof. Malcolm Hopwood
- Tuesday November 20
Great Minds Lecture Prof Rory O'Connor (Glasgow University) with refreshments to follow
(RSVP to follow soon)
Welcome to the Mental Health Hub – a supportive online community for PhD graduates as well as supervisors of the Mental Health PhD program.
Please click on the box below to enter your circle. Please note that in order to enter these communities you need to be a registered participant of the program and use your University of Melbourne login.
- Dr Alex Bahar, Supervisor
- Alexandra Devine, Graduate
- Dr Amit Lampit, Supervisor
- Angela Nicholas, Graduate
- Annai Charlton, Graduate - Dementia, Addiction, Alcohol
- Brendan Llewellyn, Graduate - Homelessness, Coproduction, Longitudinal
- Prof Carol Harvey, Supervisor
- Carol O'Dwyer, Graduate - Sexual Violence, Trauma & Violence informed careAcute inpatient psychiatric unit
- Clara Luz Chavez Arana, Graduate
- Emma Laird, Graduate - Hearing Loss, Older Adults, Rehabilitation
- Hannah Savage, Graduate - Social Anxiety Disorder, fMRIFear
- Julia Caruana, Graduate - PTSD, Neuroimaging, Methods
- Kali Godbee, Graduate - Dementia, Prevention, Primary Care
- Karen Savage, Graduate
- Kelton Hardingham, Graduate - Schizophrenia, Stigma, Media
- Kristina Lainson, Graduate - Eating Disorder, Narrative Therapy, Thematic Analysis
- Kylie McKenzie, Graduate
- Laura Gwendoline Finlayson, Graduate - Social Anxiety Disorder, fMR, Self-referential processing
- Dr Lianne Schmaal, Supervisor
- Lisa Miller, Graduate - PTSD, Childhood Trauma, Machine Learning
- Mei Zhao, Graduate
- Mikel Moss, Graduate
- Monica Hadges, Graduate
- Nicole Hill, Graduate
- Patrick McLaren, Graduate
- Sally Marsden, Graduate
- Prof Sarah Wilson, Supervisor
- Sarina Cook, Graduate - Social Anxiety, Psychology, Cognitive-Behavioural
- Terence Chong, Graduate
- Teresa Hall, Graduate
- Tim Kariotis, Graduate
Dr. Marjolein Kammers
Have a question or suggestion about the program? Reach out to the Program Coordinator by completing this form.