What are the underlying cognitive factors contributing to the development and maintenance of depressive and anxiety disorders across cultural groups?
What is the effectiveness of tailored CBT interventions for different cultural groups?
- Kartal, D., Alkemade, N., & Kiropoulos, L.A., (2019). Trauma and mental health in resettled refugees: Mediating effect of host language acquisition on posttraumatic stress disorder, depressive and anxiety symptoms. Transcultural Psychiatry, 56(1), 3-23.
- Kartal, D., & Kiropoulos, L. (2016). Effects of acculturative stress on PTSD, depressive, and anxiety symptoms among refugees resettled in Australia and Austria. European Journal of Psychotraumatology, 12(7), 28711.
- Kiropoulos, L. A., Meredith, I., Tonkin A., Clarke, A., Antonis, P., & Plunkett, J. (2012). Increased psychosocial stress in Greek-born immigrants compared to Anglo-Australians with Coronary Heart Disease: The Healthy Heart, Healthy Mind study. Heart, Lung and Circulation, 21, 794-802.
- Kiropoulos, L. A., Meredith, I., Tonkin A., Clarke, A., Antonis, P., & Plunkett, J. (2012). Psychometric properties of the cardiac depression scale in patients with coronary heart disease. BMC Psychiatry, 12, 216.
- Kiropoulos, L. A., Griffiths, K. M., & Blashki, G. (2011). Effects of a multilingual information website intervention on the levels of depression literacy and depression-related stigma in Greek-born and Italian-born immigrants living in Australia: a randomized controlled trial. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 13(2), e34.