What is this study about?
In this project, we are trying to understand people’s daily experiences of social connections. We want to understand how social relationships affect people in their everyday lives, with particular attention paid to people currently living in Victoria.
What will I need to do to take part in this study?
The study involves three parts:
- On Day 1 of the study, you will complete a 30 minute survey.
- For the following week, you will complete 7 nightly short surveys (available from 5pm to midnight every night). These surveys will take around 5-10 minutes each to complete.
- After this, you will complete another 30 minute survey.
The study will therefore take approximately 2 hours spread across 9 days.
Who is eligible to participate?
There are 2 eligibility requirements for the study:
- You must be currently residing in Victoria
- Please note the study takes 9 days in total to complete. You must be available for this period, as payment will be contingent on participating in the daily surveys.
What will I receive for my participation?
You will be paid in GiftPay vouchers which can be used in over 100 Australian stores (e.g., Coles, Woolworths, Myer, Target and more). See giftpay.com.au for more information. These gift cards are only valid for use in Australia.
You can receive up to $40 for your participation in the study contingent upon survey completion.
- You will receive $10 for completing the first survey
- You will receive up to $20 for participating in the nightly surveys over the following week, depending on how many surveys you complete.
- If you complete 7 surveys, you will receive the full $20.
- If you complete fewer surveys, you will receive between $5 and $10
- You will receive $10 for completing the final survey
What do I do if I'm interested in participating?
If you are interested in participating in the study, please fill out the following screening survey: http://go.unimelb.edu.au/2bqj
You will be asked to provide your email address, answer a few short screening questions, and then select a date you would like to begin the study. We'll get you set up from there.
If you have any questions about this study, please feel free to email us at email@example.com