Mental health is a multidisciplinary, complex and rapidly growing research domain. Your years as a graduate researcher at the University of Melbourne are the perfect time for you to broaden your skill set, build your network and expand your understanding of this dynamic field. At the moment we have over 50 graduate researchers in our community who come from over a dozen different Centres and Schools within the UoM and we would love for you to join us!
Our online platform
In order for you to get to know others and learn from the MHPP community's wide variety of disciplines and expertise, we have an online platform with different channels where you can, among other things:
- Co-Directors & External Speakers Channel: Explore current topics within mental health and expand your multidisciplinary understanding of this rapidly growing and dynamic field via webinars with experts.
- Professional Development Channel: Develop your research skills and make the most of professional development opportunities such as online workshops and skills training.
- PhD Progress Channel: Ask any questions you might have around all aspects of your PhD, get peer support, and learn from alumni in our “Life after a PhD” interview series.
- Presentation Channel: Practise your talks/poster presentations/research pitches in a safe and supportive environment in our “MHPP Member Invited Talk Series”.
- Connect Channel: Relax and socialise with your fellow PhD students during regular online coffee moments.
- MHPP Library Channel: Get suggestions for goods reads and movies.
- Items of Interest Channel: Be kept up to date about UoM events related to mental health and get invited to attend colloquium talks by local and visiting experts across the different academic host units, providing unparalleled access to cutting edge research in mental health.
In addition, you can also use the MHPP as a unique opportunity to expand your CV by working on your transferable skills and help run an event or become a Mental Health PhD Program Channel Contributor (not mandatory).
Finally, we have a MHPP Newsletter where we will update you about past and future MHPP events as well as professional development opportunities and mental health research related events at the UoM.